NeuroLogic Education aims for chiropractors to utilize and better the neurological model. For over 120 years, chiropractors have discussed links to the nervous system. Contemporary neuroscience is increasingly identifying a connection between the Brain and the Body. NeuroLogic Education aims to equip the chiropractor with the certainty, clarity and knowhow to be able to be better understand this brain body connection with relevant assessment and management strategies.
Chiropractors utilizing this knowledge have the ability to improve patient outcomes, increase personal satisfaction in developing a reputation as a results focused practitioner and better serve the community in which they work.
NeuroLogic Education provides short introductory courses that typically run over a weekend and run the duration required for the year of FLA at 12.5 hours. CAA – National assess our programs for Continuing professional development (CPD).
Content of our programs begin with foundational neuroanatomy and neurophysiology relevant to the neurological theme and important for long standing understanding of concepts.
The short course then progresses to relevant neurological assessment and management tools. These tools are evidence based, sourced from the literature but presented in a fashion that is user friendly and practical in practice.
To support this, all our short courses have breakout practical sessions. We examine using affordable, low tech tools so translation into practice is not cost inhibitive. Evidence based questionnaires and inventories are supplied that are topic specific, easily scored and provide a tool needed to compare baseline examination to future, review appointments. Courses included contemporary management and neuro-rehabilitation protocols, allowing you to formulate a tailored care plan for your patients based on your knowledge and assessment results.
For ongoing usage, comprehensive course notes and handouts are provided.
- Dysautonomia (Sydney March 3-5)
- Paediatric Neurodevelopment (Melbourne March 10-12)
What you will learn from both seminars
- Neurophysiology- understand the neuro-circuitry as in relates to clinical practice.
- Clinical testing from a Neuro Rehabilitation perspective (bedside, lab, electrophysiolog.)
- Clinical management from a Neuro Rehabilitation perspective.
- Nutritional/Immune/Metabolic support around a Neuro Rehabilitation approach.
- Practical break outs to workshop learnings with simple and effective tool-kits to bring into your practice.
- Live patient presentation – with neurological work up and diagnostic testing with prescription of Neuro rehabilitation and findings.
Lecture and practical workshop on Saturday (1-6pm) and Sunday (8:30am-6pm)
Live patient presentations (Monday 8:30am -6pm)
What you will learn
- Evidence-based Chiropractic – what is it and how to apply it to practice with better outcomes and effective communication
- How Chiropractic care enhances brain function with an understanding of clinical neuroscience, so you don’t left behind as a contemporary health care practitioner
- A simple and effective tool-kit for assessing and managing sensorimotor (brain-body) function in practice, helping you better manage more challenging cases
- The importance of balance and how it directly relates to chiropractic and spinal function
- How to perform an effective 5 minute Falls Risk Screen with outcome measures, so you can identify more people at high risk of injuring themselves
- How to have effective communication for existing and prospective patients on Falls Risk Prevention
- Developing a Falls Risk component to your practice that you can share with your community and help develop your business.