This 12.5 hour introductory course will bring dizziness and its main causes into the spotlight. It’s aimed at improving the clinical competency of primary care practitioner, so they’re able to identify and manage patients that present with dizziness.
Given that up to 50% of people will experience some form of dizziness in one year, it’s a relatively common symptom that can be caused by many factors or conditions.
Don’t have a single approach to assessment and management, get trained in the very latest research, guidelines and clinical applications.
In this module you will learn:
- Vestibular neurophysiology – the foundation in your understanding of findings and applications
- History – learn what questions to ask and the interpretations of each to define the cause
- Dizziness Conditions – Focus on most common conditions likely to present to clinic and be able to differentiate a central vs peripheral problem
- BPPV – learn the subtle differences in presentations that help identify the affected canal and the most appropriate management
- Vestibular Assessment – perform oculomotor, vestibular and balance (spinal) examination that provide the likely causes of dizziness
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy – Apply and integrate the examination findings to develop a tailored management protocol
- Cervicogenic Pain and Dizziness – learn and apply contemporary sensorimotor and neuromotor protocols for patients suffering whiplash and chronic neck pain
- Concussion – learn how to assess neurological, vestibular and orthopaedic symptoms following a concussion
Additionally, comprehensive seminar notes and handouts are provided, which are all sourced from contemporary, evidence-based and best practice guidelines.
Further details can be found on the Advanced Protocols for the Dizziness Patient event page.
NOTE: You’re registering for a online module, a professionally filmed and edited recording of our ‘Managing the Dizziness Patient’ seminar.
You will receive
- 12 months online access to watch as many times as you want (you will need internet access to watch it)
- 12.5 hours FLA once you have successfully completed the quizzes
- download of full notes and clinical forms
- listed on our ‘Practitioner Locator’ page
Here is a short video from our Vestibular Assessment session, as an example of the high quality video on offer.
In order to attain 12.5 FLA (CPD) for completing this module, you’re required to pass the exam after each session. You must achieve a 70% pass rate for each session. If you fail to achieve this score, you can repeat the exam until you reach 70%. You must pass each session to qualify for the full 12.5 FLA certificate.
- 01 Vestibular Physiology
- 02 Dizziness History
- 03 Dizziness Conditions
- 04 Vestibular Assessment (Part A)
- 05 Vestibular Assessment (Part B)
- 06 BPPV Assessment and Management
- 07 Vestibular Rehabilitation
- 08 Cervical Spine Pain and Dizziness
- 09 Concussion
** the Refresher option is ONLY available to those who have previously attended a live “Managing the Dizziness Patient” seminar. Your name will be cross-checked against our database.